Translate

Flight To Lahore

Lahore, Pakistan (June 5, 2013)

I left the hotel in London at 6:20 in the morning. My flight left at 10:50 so I had some time to relax at the airport before boarding the plane. 

One thing I had not brought with me on this trip was a pair of sunglasses. I wondered if there would be a reasonably priced pair I could purchase for my time in Pakistan. I was surprised at the price they wanted for a simple pair of sunglasses. The cheapest pair I could see was about £80 ($160) with others priced at a £190 ($380). Needless to say I did not buy them. What struck me, however, was the fact that for the price of a pair of sunglasses, I was going to minister the Word of God to over 100 Pakistani believers.


I arrived in Lahore at 2:30 a.m. in 35° temperature. I was greeted by Emmanuel and two other brothers (Harison and Victor). They presented me with flowers and  put a number of floral garlands around my neck. All this attention was somewhat overwhelming. After a number of pictures I was taken to the hotel, arriving at about 4 a.m.